- Owner, Queux Patio Plant Centre (Guernsey, United Kingdom). The main objective of the Centre is to work with the community to create a floral Guernsey.
- Started and runs the nonprofit ecological project, Green Legacy Guernsey, in order to re-forest the Isle of Guernsey.
- Received the Joc Watts award in 2012 for outstanding contribution to Floral Guernsey, teaching adults and children on the value of plants and the benefits of a Floral Island.
- Queux Patio Plant Centre was chosen to host a training to assist teachers in curriculum development by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom.
- In June 2013 Nigel on behalf of Green Legacy Guernsey was presented with the Insurance Corporations environmental award for his children’s workshops and educational garden. The £2,000.00 bursary sponsored local teachers to be trained by Victoria Wilcher from CLOtC on how to teach the curriculum outside the classroom.
- Queux Patio Plants/Green Legacy Guernsey was one of the first organizations in the United Kingdom to receive the Quality badge for teaching outside the classroom.
- This achievement was recognized by Ed Balls the then Education minister of the British Government, and who is now the Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer.
See the following articles:
Nigel's Clarke's Allergy Gardening Guide http://greenfingers.buyshedsdirect.co.uk/nigel-clarke-allergy-gardening-guide/